Can you imagine a job applicant attending an interview without a copy of his or her resumé? How about a student graduating from middle school without having to write a single book report?
Amazingly, most candidates for public office—including those who get appointed...er, elected—never offer the voters the equivalent of a resumé. And if you copied all the content from a typical candidate’s website and stripped away all the rhetoric, you probably wouldn’t have enough material to qualify as a book report. No wonder the U.S. is going to Hell.
I’ve long maintained that every self-respecting activist or candidate for public office should have a credible track record. Surely the voters deserve to know where such an individual stands on the issues and what s/he has done to fight the good fight. At the same time, the voters have a responsibility to force candidates and activists to prove themselves. Voting for a career politician with no resumé - like Obama, whose country of birth is even a matter of controversy - is just plain stupid.
OK, I have to plead to a little hypocrisy. In fact, I’ve been up to my eyeballs in political activism, and I have many accomplishments to be proud of. But I’ve never really pulled all the information together in a central location.
Well, you will no longer have to work hard to find information about me, because I’ve finally got this website squared away. You can learn still more about me at David-Blomstrom.org (with a hyphen). The site you’re now viewing focuses on my political career.
(Dec. 12, 2010) I’m kind of a hypocrite for asking why Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Noam Chomsky and Julian Assange (the WikiLeaks guy) don’t spit out the simple facts on their home page when I haven’t exactly spat on my home page, either...until now.
The list below is far from complete, but it should give visitors a good idea of what I’m all about. Note that I don’t run and hide from provocative, controversial issues. I’m proud of my support for Hugo Chavez and my hatred for Bill Gates. I’m proud of my slogan “Fuck the Troops” - and if you support the troops, then fuck you, too.
While the two dozen items below don’t prove I’m not working for the CIA, it’s a start. So when can we expect to see something similar on websites representing Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Noam Chomsky, Julian Assange (website?) and other politicians and “activists”? I’m wating...
P.S. Please don’t conclude that everything said or written by Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Ron Paul and/or Julian Assange is a lie. Their services could have been sold to the highest bidder AFTER they established their reputations. Of course, we should also consider the possibility that I’m wrong in my suspicions. But if they are working for the good guys, they need to do a better job of proving themselves and educating people.
• Political Ideology - I don’t know what to call myself! I’m essentially liberal, but I HATE American (U.S.) liberals. I consider Latin American revolutionaries among my greatest heroes, but I’m not purely socialst. You might call me an independent leftist. I am what I am.
• #1 Living Hero: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (Yes, that’s my website.)
• Che Guevara is another of my favorite heroes, one I identify with in some ways.
• I hate Bill Gates; in fact, I rank as one of his foremost enemies. (See my website Billysoft.)
• People I don’t trust include Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Noam Chomsky and Julian Assange (the WikiLeaks guy). Of course, Obama is an utter asshole.
• I believe 9/11 was an inside job.
• I have a deep appreciation of logic. For example, if fanatic Muslims destroyed the World Trade Center, then got their hands on anthrax, I figure they would have killed thousands, if not millions. Thus, I think the post-9/11 anthrax murders were an inside job, too - probably the Republicans warning Democrats to keep their mouths shut.
• I do not support the troops. Speaking of which, please join my Facebook group I do NOT support the troops. (I was going to call it “Fuck the Troops,” but that name was already taken.) [Never mind: Facebook recently caved in to the right-wingers and banned my group.]
• It’s a complex topic, but, for the time being, I don’t hate capitalism. Rather, I believe CORRUPTION is the enemy. I favor a mixed economy combining capitalism and socialism.
• I talk pretty much like a normal person in real life, but I refuse to be muzzled by “civility” in the political arena. I use the word “whore” frequently (applying it to men as well as women), and I’ve referred to Obama as a nigger. (“Uncle Tom” just doesn’t do justice to that obamanation, who has sold out the black community, Muslims, U.S. liberals and his country in general.)
• I’m a fierce believer in accountability. If I had dictatorial powers, I’d have George W. Bush, Obama and probably every member of Congress executed - and that would just be practice for the vast army of corporate attorneys, banksters, media whores and derelict school officials that await justice.
• I believe Paul Wellstone was assassinated. In fact, I wrote an article about the bizarre media conspiracy surrounding his death. It isn’t online at the moment, but I’ll try to get it back online soon.
• I’m a proud conspiracy theorist, having figured at center of a number of conspiracies myself. (Read The Olchefske Files.) Of course, some conspiracy theories are more believable than others. I realized the Bilderbergs aren’t science fiction when the mainstream media reported on a Bilderberg meeting attended by Bill Gates in early 2010. So what about the Rothschilds, Illuminati, Freemasons, chemtrails, etc.? I haven’t had time to really investigate all of those, which I generally classify as “fringe conspiracy theory” - a little out there but worth taking a look at. I do not believe that the U.S. government is capable of causing earthquakes, and I think the powers ascribed to Alaska’s HAARP are vastly exaggerated.
• I was probaby the first candidate for public office in the U.S. to suggest the death penalty for George W. Bush.
• I was the only candidate in Seattle, if not U.S. history, to attack Bill Gates as part of my campaign - and I did it in Gates’ home town.
• I’m probably the only person in Seattle history to boycott media endorsement interviews while running for public office.
• I was probably the only candidate in the U.S. to support Hugo Chavez as part of my campaign. In fact, my statement in the Voters Pamphlet began “Viva Chavez!”
• I was and remain the #1 critic of the late derelict general turned derelict public schools superintendent John Stanford. (The General even visited me at school one day in a vain attempt to silence me.) You’ve probably never heard of him, but Stanford would almost certainly have served as U.S. Secretary of Education under both George W. Bush and Obama had he survived leukemia.
• I hated my last union - the National Education Association - and I hate my current union, the Teamsters. (Guess whose website that is.)
• I think John Walker Lindh (aka “The American Taliban”) should be freed.
• If I was President, I’d lift the Cuban embargo, pay restitution for all the harm we’ve done to Cuba and surrender Guantanamo Bay to its rightful owner (Cuba).
• I’m very spiritual, though not religious. I like to refer to Jesus as the first socialist.
• I’ve worked as a wildlife biologist in Alaska - America’s wildest wilderness - and as a public school teacher in Seattle, one of America’s biggest corporate shit holes. So don’t lecture me about the environment or education.
Continue exploring this site with the links above.